Biolase – EZlase Dental Laser
‘Ezlase’ is the first dental laser solution and a product of Biolase Technology, a leader in the world of medical and dental laser expertise. The Biolase-Ezlase has been developed to offer more comfort and safety to the patients and a greater control over dental procedures to the dentists by allowing clearance at 940 nm wave length. It is the only complete package of ‘Diode Solution’ in the field of dentistry.
Features of Ezlase
- Comfort- Ezlase performs well in low power and less heat. Also, the ComfortPlus feature of the system helps in faster cutting and minimizes heat buildup that otherwise induces pain.
- Powerful and portable- The 24 hours battery back-up and multiple functions like ‘stand by’ and ‘ready’ modes gives more control to the dentists and ensure an easy movement as no power cables are needed.
- Versatility-A wide range of dental procedures, treatment and surgeries can be done using the same system with different accessories.
Why Ezlase- The clinical applications
- Removing lesions or biopsy
With Ezlase, a small tissue from an infected area can be removed for further examination of cancer.
- Muscle Attachment (Frenectomy)
Frenectomy can be done to remove issues related to a tight frenulum, limited movement of the tongue and also speech impediments.
- Improving gummy smile
Ezlase also helps in reshaping gum tissues using dental lasers
- Crown lengthening procedures
This system can reshape and restructure tooth structure to provide a strong foundation for restoration.
- Removing benign tumors
Dental Lasers help remove benign tumors in a most painless and stitch-free manner from the gums, cheeks, lips or palate.
- Treating cold sores and gum diseases
Cold sores can be healed and pain minimized using lasers of low intensity. Gum diseases can be treated by removing infected and dead soft tissue.
- Removal of soft tissue folds
Soft tissue fold is a result of poor dentures. Ezlase removes such soft tissue folds.
- Teeth whitening
One of the commonly used dental procedures, teeth whitening can be done very effectively using Ezlase in a fast and safe way.
Laser Dentistry has many benefits. When soft tissue dental lasers are used, stitches or sutures are not needed. This also minimizes bleeding and swelling and on the other hand maximizes sterilization in the surgery site. As the beams focus only on the damaged area, surrounding tissues has minimal impact. Using this technology, wounds and infection get treated faster and smoother. Also, use of anesthesia is limited to certain procedures only. With this innovative and modern know-how, patients will get more comfort while undergoing different dental procedures.