VersaWave Dental Laser
Versawave laser manufactured by HOYA ConBio, the leading manufacturer of dental lasers, was launched in the year 2008. This specialty dental laser is a highly reliable, versatile, and yet, affordable laser which can be used by dentists to make a number of dental procedures more comfortable and faster for their patients.
The Versawave Laser has a sleek design and offers a number of advance features like a higher and more variable pulse repetition rates (range of 3-50 pulses per second), more power, a fiber support system that ensures zero handpiece resistance and total freedom of movement, onboard calibration, water level monitoring, and LED readout which can be pre-set as per requirement. While on one hand, these features enhance the ease of performing the procedure for the dentist, on the other, they help in delivering a more comfortable treatment experience to the patients.
Hard Tissue Procedures
- Any kind of cavity preparations.
- Treating tooth decay or caries removal.
- Preparing tooth for root canal procedure.
- Debridement or removal of unhealthy tissue and cleaning required for root canal treatment.
- Etching or roughening of hard tissue surface.
Soft Tissue Procedures
- Exposing unerupted teeth.
- Removing fibroma.
- Frenectomy or frenotomy (tongue-tie).
- Gingivectomy and gingivoplasty.
- Removing soft tissue over a partially erupted tooth.
- Implant recovery.
- Hemostasis, etc.
Osseous (Bone) Tissue Procedures
- Cutting, reducing, and contouring.
- Osteoplasty and ostectomy.
- Lengthening of osseous crown.
- Preparing root-end for retro fill.
- Removing hyper plastic and pathological tissues around the apex, etc.
Peridontal (Gum related) Procedures
- Removing diseased soft tissue in the periodontal pocket.
- Sulcular debridement.
- Granulation tissue removal in case of bony defects.
- Full, partial, and split thickness flaps.
Advantages of Versawave Laser
- A painless and needleless way to remove tooth decay. There is no drilling and no vibration and hence, no discomfort. It removes any necessity for local anesthesia.
- The laser sterilizes the tooth during the process of decay removal and thus, prevents recurring decay and infection under the filling.
- There is no nerve inflammation as this laser does not produce heat as it’s a safe water laser.
- Vibration from drills is also known to result in tooth damage and cracks leading to a need for future root canal treatment or a dental crown. Versawave laser causes no vibration and thus, has no side effects.
- Removes all decay and debris without causing loss of healthy tissue and enamel.
- It is great for kids who are usually scared of the drill, its vibration and sound.
This laser can be used for a wide variety of procedures involving hard, soft, as well as osseous tissues.